Tuesday, April 1, 2014

APS

THE AQUAPONIC PROPAGATION SYSTEM
The propagation table is a wood box on legs, lined with plastic to hold water. The totes below hold water, fish, a biofilter, and a small pump to operate the filter and deliver water to the growing area. A float switch turns the pump diverter solenoid on/off to auto fill the grow bed when needed. If the plants need additional fertilizer I can add it through time release granules (organic) in the container media. This system does not recirculate grow bed water back to the fish tank.
I have several versions of this system that combine the advantages of using cold blooded animal poop (fish, worms,frogs,etc.) as an organic fertilizer in my grow systems.
I hope this helps and encourages you to build and try your own techniques.
Good home grown food is our objective. And a few flowers for the soul doesn't hurt.
PS. In addition to the garden veggies, I grow goldfish and catfish in my systems.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GREAT BLOGS

  • - CONEY RECIPE Show draftsexpand_more volume_up [image: 🚀] 1 Coney dogs, those delicious hot dogs smothered in meat sauce, are a true American classic. T...
    1 month ago